By: Amanda Vogel, MA
Gone are the days when all you needed to market yourself online was a website. Now there are virtually dozens of free ways to educate fitness consumers and fish for new prospects on the Web. You can even use cyberspace to strengthen relationships with the clients you see every day. Learn practical ideas for how and why user-friendly, social-media tools like Facebook, YouTube, blogs, micro-blogs, podcasts, forums and social networks can help you move forward in the fitness industry.
- 1. Evaluate the benefits of using the Internet and social media to market a fitness business (beyond just having a website).
- 2. Identify the latest and most popular social media tools for marketing a fitness business, educating the public and strengthening ties with clients.
- 3. Explain, in general terms, how to use the most common social media tools, and for what purposes.
- 4. Name strategies for marketing a fitness business that are specific to the fastest-growing social networking sites: Twitter and Facebook.
- 5. Explain how to create an effective blog post and how to find suitable no-cost or low-cost images to post.
- 6. Define common terminology in social media, including micro-blog, tweet, DM, hashtag and SEO.