By: Stephanie Thielen
This is the ultimate collection of water fitness moves. From jogging to jacks and everything in between, experience over 60 exercises to jumpstart your aquatic classes and your aquatic career. The exercises are organized into six categories, making it easy to find, select and create patterns without leaving any exercise out. This "pool" of water exercises is a must for any aqua instructor new to teaching.
- Differentiate between the various working positions for aquatic exercise, including Anchored, Level I, Level II, Level II and Propelled/Elevated.
- List and organize aquatic exercises according to the six categories of Knee, Kick, Jack, Ski, Side, and Miscellaneous.
- Explain the S.W.E.A.T principle of manipulating aquatic exercises to increase or decrease intensity.
- Differentiate between the three aquatic exercise tempos: land, water and ½ water.
- Learn and execute a variety of aquatic exercises.
- Discover upper-body movement patterns that can be added for variety to lower-body exercises.