By: Anthony Carey, MA
The statistics are well known: 85% of people will experience lower-back pain in their lifetimes. The general public and media perpetuate outdated or inaccurate information regarding lower-back pain. Educating and clarifying the facts for your clients and members can serve them better and generate additional business opportunities for you.
- Summarize current lower back issues and interventions as they relate to the fitness profession.
- Dispel current lower back myths when communicating with clients.
- Name the many factors involved in lower back pain.
- Identify the role of flexibility and ROM in conjunction with lower back pain.
- Summarize the role of strengthening in conjunction with lower back pain.
- List contraindications related to the client who has lower back pain.