Understanding the interaction between the lower extremity and the upper extremity is key to developing a true functional shoulder training program. Too often the shoulder joint is isolated from the rest of the body and is not allowed to work in a natural environment. In this session, we will look at functional integrated movement patterns of the legs and core, and their relationship to shoulder function.
- Understand the criteria of human movement
- Appreciate the chain reaction biomechanics of the body on the shoulder
- Learn the principles and concepts of tri-plane movement on the shoulder girdle
- Develop strategies for shoulder post-rehabilitation program design
- Learn the 6 Flexibility Highways
- Create strategies from a remedial to progressive approach to shoulder training