Movement prep is the new answer to the old warm-up. Instead of simply getting on a treadmill or piece of cardio equipment, you go beyond just getting the muscles warm. Coaches and trainers: Learn how to utilize specific flexibility, activation circuits and dynamic motor pattern integration to better prepare the body for heavier lifts and enhanced performance.
- Define and rationalize the concepts behind Movement Prep.
- Distinguish between specific warm-up and general warm-up.
- Explain Movement Prep as it pertains to the NASM OPT Model’s phases.
- Identify and explain compensations in your client’s movement patterns.
- List 6 components of Movement Prep that can increase outputs and decrease injury for sports performance, resistance training and recreational activities.
- Develop and practice an integrated training program utilizing Movement Prep to increase performance.