Personal Trainer Exam Review Course: Module 2
Client Interview & Assessment
Approximate running time: 1:20 plus quiz/activity time
The Personal Trainer Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam. The online course is ideal for people who learn best on their own and in a self-paced environment, but want the in-depth teaching and support of ACE-developed curriculum.
Module 2: Client Interview & Assessment
Are you confident in your understanding of the key concepts and principles that guide client interview and assessment? The Client Interview and Assessment module of the ACE Personal Trainer Exam Review Course helps you prepare to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam by helping you master the information and practices vital to making safe and effective decisions regarding health and fitness assessment. This domain reflects 32% of ACE Personal Trainer Exam questions.
The goal of this online course is to help you analyze complex problems and determine the best solutions to challenges dealing with obtaining health and medical information, assessing client expectations, promoting client adherence and conducting base-line measurements. The following areas will be covered:
• Conducting appropriate baseline and follow-up assessments, including questionnaires and interviews to gather information about a client’s health history, lifestyle and current conditions.
• Utilizing gathered information and accepted guidelines to identify health conditions and risk factors that may necessitate medical referral, influence elements of the exercise prescription and determine appropriate fitness assessments.
• Established protocols for obtaining heart rate and blood pressure and for assessing cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition.
During the course you will listen to lectures, complete fill-in-the-blank exercises and take interactive quizzes. Once purchased, you have access to the online course for six months.
*Note: ACE-certified Professionals who hold a certification other than Personal Trainer and successfully complete this course will earn .2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)