Learn how connecting with clients emotionally can help them begin to incorporate healthier eating habits and abandon potentially harmful beliefs they’ve developed due to diet patterns. Discover behavior-change strategies and proper intake of complex carbohydrates, fiber, phytochemicals and antioxidants, and the role they play in disease prevention. Learn to recognize misinformation about nutrition so you can help your clients sort through fad diets and quick fixes.
You will learn:
- Basic nutrition principles including energy production, digestion, absorption and metabolism
- How food is used and the importance of providing the body with proper nutrition
- Relationship of dietary intake to health problems and diseases including heart disease, hypertension and osteoporosis
- Basic nutritional principles for clients to incorporate at home and work
- To evaluate nutritional composition of foods and recognize healthy and unhealthy choices, and possible substitutions
- Assessments to help you identify potential nutrition problems in clients