This 80-minute audio tutorial teaches how to make counseling more effective. Topics include: client-practitioner working dynamics; impact and value of applying strategies; preparing for sessions; identifying goals; tracking progress; journaling; incorporating client's values; creating an environment of trust; more.
You will learn:
- 6 options clients can choose to prepare for a counseling session
- Relational dynamics that interfere with the efficacy of a counseling session
- Benefits of clarifying expectations with new clients
- Factors that contribute to client or counselor complacency
- Strategies to engage clients age-appropriately in realistic goal-setting
- Strategies to inspire clients to invest in keeping a journal