"Understanding the National Blueprint" provides the knowledge fitness professionals need to take part in the important mission of increasing the physical activity of older adults. The Blueprint was sponsored by some of the major organizations focused on improving the quality of life for older adults, including AARP, the CDC, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. As a fitness professional, you can play a vital role in implementing the strategies presented because you are often in direct contact with individuals who want to learn more about the benefits of physical activity and who are seeking expert advice on exercise.
- Restate the vision of, and the guiding principles for, the National Blueprint: Increasing Physical Activity for Americans Age 50 and Older
- Recognize the individual and community health implications of America's aging population associated with the dramatic demographic shift of individuals age 65 and older
- List the benefits of regular physical activity as they relate to the older adult
- Outline the barriers that impede efforts to increase and maintain physical activity among older adults
- Identify strategic directives for addressing the barriers that impede efforts to increase and maintain physical activity among older adults
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)