Physical activity plays an important role in improving health and vitality, particularly for individuals who face health challenges such as diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease. This course, which is based on a chapter from ACE’s Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual, will provide you with the tools necessary for conducting proper pre-exercise screening and assessment. Such an evaluation process is particularly important when working with midlife/older clients. The course also includes important forms (available as PDF downloads) which you can use in your personal training practice:
- ACE Health History Inventory (long version)
- Physician Referral for Client to Exercise
- Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information
- Outline the benefits of conducting a pre-activity health history and screening, particularly for individuals who face health challenges.
- Identify the major risk factors for coronary heart disease.
- Discuss the importance of informed consent and liability waivers related to personal training services.
- Understand adult learning and the modification of the physical assessment or exercise program for individual needs
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)