Deteriorating ability is not something your clients have to accept as part of the aging process. Help them age successfully by modifying their diet, incorporating exercise and participating in lifestyle activities continue to stimulate their mind and body. Explore the biology of aging, the role of genetics, ad how to help prevent diseases like osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
You will learn:
- Free radical theory of aging and the roll cell suicide (apoptosis) plays in aging
- Major nutritional factors associated with successful aging
- Effects of menopause on fat distribution and metabolic syndrome
- Nutritional factors associated with prevention of coronary heart disease
- Latest research on calcium supplementation, Vitamin D supplementation and soy intake in slowing or restoring bone mass loss in postmenopausal women
- Nutritional factors associated with osteoarthritis and use of supplemental glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate