Learn the clinical side of herbal supplements, including important information on how drugs are prepared, manufactured, analyzed, regulated and marketed. Explore the evidence-based clinical uses of botanical supplements for treatment and prevention of certain diseases, and consumer motivation behind using them for nutritional purposes. Learn the pharmacology and therapeutic use for some of the most commonly used supplements, so you can pass valuable information on to clients.
You will learn:
- Clinical uses of botanical supplements in the treatment and prevention of certain diseases
- Consumer use and motivation for using nutritional supplements including herbs
- Valid resources for checking efficacy and safety of botanical supplements
- Commonly used botanical dietary supplements, and pharmacology and therapeutic uses of each
- Herbs commonly found in products promoted as weight-loss formulas