Learn to prevent and treat various diseases using fermented foods and macronutrients in this course, which highlights cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, obesity, cancer, numerous autoimmune diseases and osteoporosis. Explore the role essential fatty acids play and the impact of probiotics or prebiotics on specific diseases. Upon completion you’ll be able to explain the concept of whole foods and synergy to your clients.
You will learn:
- Major food sources of saturated fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, linoleic acid, EPA and DHA
- Role essential fatty acids play in the inflammatory process, disease development and prevention
- Development of atherosclerosis and stages leading up to heart attack
- Diseases that may be prevented by a balanced intake of essential fatty acids
- Effect of probiotics, prebiotics and synbiotics on GI tract and immune system
- Role of functional foods in the prevention or treatment of various diseases