In this online course based on the popular book by Dr. Nicholas DiNubile, FrameWork for the Lower Back: A 6-Step Plan for a Healthy Lower Back, 2nd Edition, you will learn why lower-back pain is a top health concern for many Americans today. Discover a step-by-step program for safely starting, maintaining and building a lifestyle and exercise routine designed to promote optimum spine function and health. You will also gain an understanding of performing pre-exercise screens and how to provide individualized exercise advice for reducing pain and fortifying the muscles, joints and bones of the lower back.
You will learn:
- Explain and debunk common myths about back pain
- List frequently reported back conditions and injuries
- Discuss factors that contribute to low-back pain
- Explain the importance of exercise and physical activity in functional and pain-reduction programs for the back
- Perform a self-check test that identifies weak links in the chain of wellness
- Discuss common approaches and procedures used to treat individuals with diseases, injuries and conditions of the back
- Explain four levels of progressive exercise specific to improving back health
This course is included in our Orthopedic Exercise Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »