YogaFit® Seniors Teacher Training Program is a continuing education course delivered via workbook and DVD that allows YogaFit® instructors to modify original YogaFit® classes into variations designed to increase the fitness level of individuals 55+ in age, now the largest age group in our history! Learn to create workouts for seniors who have been active throughout their lives, and are seeking programs that continue to challenge them while honoring their aging bodies. Or, help seniors who have been sedentary and are discovering the need to exercise as they grow older and desire continued comfort and ability. YogaFit® Seniors incorporates all the advantages of challenge and self-pacing for all levels and ages of this large population. The poses and methods will allow your seniors to increase muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, and increase stamina, lung capacity and overall wellness.
You will learn:
- Review aging process and benefits of YogaFit® Seniors
- Outline practical tips for formatting and teaching classes specifically for YogaFit® Seniors
- Address posture, spinal health and a variety of other special considerations for YogaFit® Seniors
- Learn the ins and outs of using props to facilitate a YogaFit® Seniors practice as well as how to move to and from the floor
- Develop thorough understanding of the many modifications of standard YogaFit® poses to include varying participants
This course is included in our Mind Body Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »