Based on content from the ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Manual, this online course presents fitness professionals with the epidemiology and diagnostic criteria for coronary artery disease (CAD), blood lipid disorders and hypertension. Treatment approaches, including the role of exercise, also are covered for each condition.
You will learn:
- Describe the major health-related physiological effects of CAD, blood lipid disorders, and hypertension
- Define the characteristics of an individual with stable CAD and an individual with unstable CAD and decide which individual falls within the ACE-AHFS’s scope of practice
- List the various types of diagnostic tests used to identify CAD, blood lipid disorders, and hypertension
- Understand which fitness assessments are appropriate to use for individuals with cardiovascular disease
- List common treatment procedures for cardiovascular disease, including preventative, pharmaceutical, surgical, and exercise-related approaches
- Describe thermoregulation issues specific to individuals with hypertension
- Understand and implement exercise recommendations for individuals with cardiovascular disease, including CAD, blood lipid disorders, and hypertension
This course is included in our Therapeutic Exercise Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »