Based on content from the ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Manual, this online course explains how various aspects of the aging process affect the body’s response to exercise. After discussing the physical changes associated with aging, the course walks the fitness professional through the assessment and programming processes used when working with older adult clients, including appropriate progression and special considerations.
- Define the difference between quality and quantity of life
- Explain the physical changes associated with aging, as seen in each of the body’s major systems
- List the balance and gait challenges seen in older adults, including both static and dynamic balance
- Assess an older adult client, taking into consideration any medications or special needs
- Create an exercise program for a older client, including appropriate rates and types of progression
- Explain the biomechanical and nutritional considerations that are specific to this population
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)