In a recent fitness industry survey, over 40% of respondents indicate they enjoy group exercise programming. Group fitness instructors have the skill and ability to lead large groups during an exercise class while personal trainers specialize in delivering one-on-one services. These two highly different types of professionals share a common theme of helping others through exercise, but achieve it through vastly different means. Personal trainers who learn how to teach group fitness have the best of both worlds – they are able to help people exercise while using a platform to demonstrate their skills to a number of prospective clients. In this recorded webinar, originally hosted by ACE’s Pete McCall on October 5, 2010, learn how to expand your skill set and fitness toolbox as a personal trainer using specific strategies for teaching groups. Enjoy the benefits of an ACE instructor in the comfort of your own home through this convenient online webinar.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of a group fitness instructor and how it is different from that of a personal trainer.
- Identify different formats of group fitness classes that can be delivered by a personal trainer.
- Communicate effectively to deliver exercise instructions to a group environment.
- Describe the role that music selection plays in a group fitness environment.
- Implement motivational strategies for teaching a group fitness class.
|Windows 98, 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista Requirements:
- Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7
or higher, or Netscape 8.1 or higher
- Recommended ActiveX be enabled for
- Vista supports Internet Explorer 7 and
Firefox 2 browers only
|Mac OSX 10.3, 10.4 10.5 (PowerPC/Intel) Requirements:
- Safari 1.3 (Mac OS 10.3), Safari 2.0 (Mac
OS 10.4), Safari 3.0 (Mac OS 10.4, 10.5),
or Firefox 2
- Requires Apple Java Runtime Environment
(JRE) 5.0 or higher
- No support for Remote Access
|View requirements for additional systems