The Personal Trainer Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam, based on the 4th Edition of the ACE Personal Trainer Manual. The online course format offers recorded lectures with complete PowerPoint slides, all through the convenience of your own home computer. This course is ideal for people who prefer to learn in their own setting but want the teaching and guided support of an ACE master instructor. You have the option to purchase the complete course or individual modules.
Module 4: The ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model
Most personal trainers—both newly certified and long-time veterans of the fitness industry—will sometimes struggle with working through the multitude of information that comes from pre-participation screening forms and fitness assessments and using it to design appropriate exercise programs. The all-new ACE Integrated Fitness TrainingTM (ACE IFTTM) Model is a comprehensive blueprint that synthesizes this information into a user-friendly format that will guide personal trainers throughout their careers.
After working through the initial investigative stage and rapport-building process, this module covers both functional and physiological assessments, offering detailed instructions on how to properly conduct each assessment, explaining how to interpret the results and apply them to program design, and offering guidelines for when to conduct each of these assessments with clients. Finally, the instructor will detail the four phases of training in each component of the ACE IFT Model—functional movement and resistance training and cardiorespiratory training—and how and when a client can transition from one phase to the next. The following topics are covered in this module:
- Introduction to ACE Integrating Fitness Training Model
- Building Rapport and the Initial Investigation Stage
- Functional Assessments: Posture, Movement, Core, Balance, and Flexibility
- Physiological Assessments
- Functional Programming for Stability-Mobility and Movement
- Resistance Training: Programming and Progressions
- Cardiorespiratory Training: Programming and Progressions
*Note: ACE-certified professionals who hold a certification other than Personal Trainer or Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist and successfully complete this course will earn 0.7 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)