Master the basics of nutrition so you can intelligently answer your clients’ questions with valuable advice based on government guidelines and science-based research. Discover weight-loss strategies you can use to help them meet their goals. Learn when to refer clients who are using nutritional supplements or showing signs of an eating disorder to a physician, registered dietician or the appropriate health care professional.
You will learn:
- Rules of nutrition including Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPyramid Food Guidance System
- How energy systems work and the impact digestion has on physical activity
- Effects of various macronutrients and micronutrients on body function during exercise
- Pros and cons of trend diets
- To identify symptoms of various eating disorders
This course is included in our Sports Conditioning Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »