The Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Certification Exam. The online course is ideal for people who learn best on their own using a self-paced approach in the comfort of their own home, but want the in-depth teaching and support of ACE-developed curriculum. You have the option to purchase the complete course or individual modules.
Module 4: Musculoskeletal Disorders: Functional Programming for Stability-Mobility and Movement
This module opens with a discussion of the causes and effects of muscle imbalances, as well as an overview of postural assessment. Specific assessments are provided for the ankle and foot, the knee, the lumbo-pelvic region and hip, the thoracic spine and shoulders, and the neck and head. Various movement screens are also discussed, as well as exercise considerations for working with clients with various postural and movement issues.
The second half of this module covers the many aspects of human movement, including the gait cycle and the primary movements that are combined to create many activities of daily living and sport-specific movements. Core function assessments and a five-stage programming guide for working with individuals with balance or mobility issues are also provided. The following topics are covered in this online course:
- Posture and Movement
- Mobility, Gait, and Balance
*Note: ACE-certified professionals who hold a certification other than Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist and successfully complete this course will earn ¬¬¬0.2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)