The Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Exam. The online course is ideal for people who learn best on their own using a self-paced approach in the comfort of their own home, but want the in-depth teaching and support of ACE-developed curriculum. You have the option to purchase the complete course or individual modules.
Module 5: Musculoskeletal Disorders: Post-orthopedic Rehabilitation
Many individuals will come to the Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist (ACE-AHFS) after rehabilitating from an injury, which creates a situation where the ACE-AHFS must communicate effectively with each client’s medical team. This module begins with an overview of the principles of post-orthopedic rehabilitation, including the systematic progression of programming without putting the client at additional risk for injury.
In terms of lower-extremity injuries, this module covers the following: hip, knee, ankle, and foot pathologies, as well muscle strains and structural abnormalities. The discussion of each of these injuries includes information on the mechanism of injury, signs and symptoms, precautions, early intervention, and a restorative exercise program. In terms of upper-extremity injuries, this module covers the following: acromioclavicular joint injuries, shoulder instability, rotator cuff pathology, lateral and medial epicondylitis, and hand and wrist injuries. The following topics are covered in this online course:
- Principles of Post-orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal Injuries of the Lower Extremity
- Musculoskeletal Injuries of the Upper Extremity
*Note: ACE-certified professionals who hold a certification other than Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist and successfully complete this course will earn ¬¬¬0.2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)