The Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist Certification Exam. The online course is ideal for people who learn best on their own using a self-paced approach in the comfort of their own home, but want the in-depth teaching and support of ACE-developed curriculum. You have the option to purchase the complete course or individual modules.
Module 7: Considerations for Specialized Population Groups
This module covers three common specialized population groups, each with its own specific set of considerations. It opens with a discussion of the physical changes associated with aging and the balance and gait challenges seen in many older adults. Programming and nutritional considerations are also offered for this group.
The second group discussed is youth. The benefits of youth exercise programs are explained, along with program design considerations and fundamental movement skills. Leadership and instructions guidelines are also provided.
The session covering pre- and postnatal exercise details the benefits and risks of exercise during pregnancy. Programming guidelines are offered, along with nutritional, psychological, physiological, and biomechanical considerations. The following topics are covered in this online course:
- Older Adults
- Pre- and Postnatal Exercise
*Note: ACE-certified professionals who hold a certification other than Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist and successfully complete this course will earn ¬¬¬0.2 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)