Knowing weight loss strategies and inspiring clients to put them into practice are two different things. Learn theories and implementation strategies for lifestyle and behavior changes that lead to physical activity and weight management. You’ll also explore ways to facilitate long-term commitment to exercise and weight loss regimens.
You will learn:
- Principles of lifestyle modification and effective lifestyle-modification strategies
- Criteria for client referral to other appropriate health care providers
- Theories of motivated behavior change
- Correlation between sustained physical activity and weight-loss behaviors
- Business practices including effective counseling skills, ethics and behavior measurement