The Personal Trainer Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam, based on the 4th Edition of the ACE Personal Trainer Manual. The online course format offers recorded lectures with complete PowerPoint slides, all through the convenience of your own home computer. This course is ideal for people who prefer to learn in their own setting but want the teaching and guided support of an ACE master instructor. You have the option to purchase the complete course or individual modules.
Module 2: Professional and Legal Responsibilities, and Business Strategies
This module of the ACE Personal Trainer Exam Review Online Course begins by explaining exactly where an ACE Personal Trainer fits among medical doctors, registered dietitians, physical therapists, etc., along the continuum of allied healthcare. The key to establishing long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with members of these other professions is understanding and respecting your scope of practice. This module details what types of clients an ACE-certified Personal Trainer can work with, and what situations necessitate referral. In addition, legal issues and forms that are important for personal trainers to understand are covered in detail, from attaining proper insurance and defining oneself as either an employee or independent contractor to using proper legal paperwork and adhering to laws and regulations in the state in which you conduct business.
Finally, this module covers the business side of the fitness industry, walking personal trainers through business planning, creating a brand, marketing their services, and making the sale. Financial planning, time management, and the process of choosing a business structure are also discussed. The following topics are covered in this module:
- Role and Scope of Practice for the Personal Trainer
- Legal Guidelines and Professional Responsibilities
- Personal-trainer Business Fundamentals
*Note: ACE-certified professionals who hold a certification other than Personal Trainer or Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist and successfully complete this course will earn 0.3 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)