The Personal Trainer Exam Review Course is a valuable study tool to help you prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam, based on the 4th Edition of the ACE Personal Trainer Manual. The online course format offers recorded lectures with complete PowerPoint slides, all through the convenience of your own home computer. This course is ideal for people who prefer to learn in their own setting but want the teaching and guided support of an ACE master instructor. You have the option to purchase the complete course or individual modules.
Module 3: Leadership and Implementation
No matter how much knowledge a trainer has in terms of exercise performance or even program design, he or she will have little success in the fitness industry if he or she is unable to establish rapport with their clients and motivate them to start, and stick with, exercise programs. This module of the ACE Personal Trainer Exam Review Online Course teaches essential and practical techniques that can be used with new and existing clients alike. After explaining how to identify factors that contribute to success with a workout program, the instructor will discuss the personal trainer’s role in building and maintaining adherence in both new and long-term clients.
This module also covers the stages of the client–trainer relationship and strategies for effective communication during training sessions with all clients based on their unique personality types. Finally, theories of behavioral change are discussed, detailing ways to determine each client’s readiness to change and then utilize appropriate techniques to move clients along the path to long-term adherence. The following topics are covered in this module:
- Principles of Adherence and Motivation
- Communication and Teaching Techniques
- Basics of Behavior Change and Health Psychology
*Note: ACE-certified professionals who hold a certification other than Personal Trainer or Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist and successfully complete this course will earn 0.3 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Steps to completing this course
• Purchase the course (click the "Add to Cart" button above). The course will be added to your ACE account.
• Go to the Ace Web Site (www.acefitness.org) and log in.
• After logging in, click on "CEC Courses/Quizzes" in the "My Account" section.
• Choose the course you’d like to take and follow the directions to get started.
• If taking the course for CECs, they will automatically be added to your account after successful completion of the quiz.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)