The International Council on Active Aging (ICAA)/ACE Fitness Service Specialist is a unique online course that helps fitness facility owners and managers deliver consistent customer service – or what we like to refer to as fitness service – training to all fitness staff members. Your fitness staff will learn how to assist customers, members, clients or residents with their basic health- and fitness-related questions including how to properly use various types of fitness equipment and perform common resistance-training exercises. In addition, they will discover how to deliver a customer service experience that exceeds every expectation.
The ICAA/ACE Fitness Service Specialist Course includes modules that your staff can complete in the comfort of their own home or at your facility at their convenience. In addition, they will receive access to downloadable handouts for additional reference and study.
Upon successful completion, course-takers will be able to:
- Discuss the basic foundations of exercise science, including how the body responds to aerobic exercise and strength training
- Correctly use anatomical terminology and apply an understanding of human anatomy to the needs of fitness facility customers, members, clients or residents
- Discuss proper nutrition and hydration, including the USDA recommendations
- Explain to facility customers, members, clients or residents how to safely use facility equipment including cardio machines, weight machines and free weights
- Understand and apply the core values that lead to outstanding customer service
- Connect your customers, members, clients and residents with the fitness staff and programs that best meet their needs
Training the Older Adult Client
You will find no better group to work with than aging adults. As much as you give to them, they will give back to you through their accomplishments and thankfulness for your work. Your decision to work with older adults offers you innumerable benefits too. Download the PDF>>