Take your knowledge of the YogaFit® program a step further by exploring specific languages, sequences and poses that enable you to be a more resourceful, innovative and compassionate instructor for students of all levels. Discover how to use props like chairs, blankets, straps and walls to empower clients of all sizes to enjoy a safe and effective yoga practice.
You will learn:
- Key elements of YogaFit®, and how the program can be adapted for students of all body types
- Benefits of YogaFit® Plus for students who are either sedentary, overweight or inexperienced, and who can benefit from a yoga-based mind-body program focused on overall fitness in a non-competitive environment
- Teaching skills to incorporate into classes that allow you to safely and comfortably lead students of all sizes
- Safe and effective use of pose modifications and props
- Teaching cues for working with different body sizes, and how to avoid less helpful approaches
- Physical issues faced by heavier people, and alternative ways to think about weight