With childhood obesity rates consistently rising, the need to instill healthy eating habits among children is essential. Learn activities that parents, daycare providers, pre-school administrators and teachers can incorporate into daily routines for young children. And discover elements of child psychology you can employ to get children moving and eating healthy. Learn strategies specific that turn children into healthy adults from a developer of the KID-FIT® pre-school fitness program.
You will learn:
- Essentials of healthy lifestyle habits among young children
- Components of an effective pre-school fitness program
- Medical, social and physical benefits of an appropriate fitness program for children
- Concepts of child psychology to manage children’s behavior in an active setting
- Medical consequences of overeating and inactivity for small children
- Examples of appropriate exercises for pre-school children in regard to strength training, aerobic exercise, stretching and sports skill development
- Nutritional deficiencies common in pre-school children, and recommended exercises
This course is included in our Weight Management Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »