Prevent injuries from causing lasting effects on your clients by facilitating proper rehabilitation and healing for your clients. You’ll explore numerous injuries, including those related to transplants, trauma, stroke, amputation and those specific to older adults. Explore rehabilitation goals and the role macronutrients and micronutrients play in the healing process.
You will learn:
- Definition of “continuum of care”
- Skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, skin and sensory changes related to nutrition problems
- Various anthropometric measurements useful in planning nutritional care during rehabilitation
- Symptoms, rehabilitation goals and nutritional issues associated with numerous conditions and injuries
- Role that macronutrients and micronutrients play in illness and injury
- To estimate calorie, protein, vitamin and mineral needs during rehabilitation