The evolutionary science and history behind barefoot running has generated increasing buzz within the fitness industry and among fitness enthusiasts who practice it. In this course, you’ll explore the importance of “barefoot fitness” and how taking care of your feet can facilitate stability and mobility for all movement. Learn numerous techniques to improve strength, flexibility and mobility of the feet and ankles from award-winning group fitness instructor Lawrence Biscontini.
You will learn:
- Anatomical features of the feet and ankles, and biomechanics of the feet
- To teach various exercise techniques including myofascial release, “accu-pressure” and marble toe grabs
- Massage techniques to facilitate stability and mobility in the feet and ankles
- Seated and standing exercises that will help clients strengthen muscles of the feet
- To explain appropriate progressions from seated to standing work, focusing on introduction of balance and weight-bearing movement
- Key terms including supination, pronation, eversion, inversion, plantarflexion and dorsiflexion