Runners of all fitness levels often believe the harder and longer you train, the better you will perform on race day. That training methodology is simply not true, and could lead to injury before you even cross the finish line. In this webinar led by ACE Exercise Physiologist Mark P. Kelly, you’ll learn how incorporating cardiovascular adaptation, periodizing and biomechanics can make training programs both more manageable and effective. You’ll also explore recent developments in training and footwear to maximize performance in 5K and 10K races.
You will learn:
- Why training for 5K and 10K races differs from training for a marathon or half marathon
- How to train according to the correct heart rate “zone”
- How to periodize training to maximize performance for a given race date
- New trends in footwear and how biomechanics should dictate the right type of shoe for you
- Power of the Kelly-Intensity-Time (KIT) system for shaping training and maximizing performance
Although attendees can view the presentation for free, in order to earn 0.1 continuing education credits they’ll need to purchase the quiz separately for $19.95. Following the live broadcast, simply purchase the recorded version of your webinar in our online Continuing Education Center. The quiz will instantly be uploaded in your account, and the recorded webinar will arrive up to 48 hours following the live broadcast. You have the option to either take the quiz immediately or wait for the presentation to upload so you can use it for reference. Once you pass the quiz, 0.1 CECs will automatically be uploaded to your account.