Based on recent understandings about the fascial system, exercise should be considered as a series of integrated movement patterns as opposed to isolated muscle actions. That research has inspired us to create this new workshop, meant to replace our Functional Training & Assessment Workshop. The new format will help you develop an understanding of integrated anatomy and learn coaching techniques for movement-based exercise that can help your clients reach their goals. You’ll also review the science behind movement-based training and how to use the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) model for exercise program design.
You will learn:
- To describe how fascial structures function as integrated systems to accelerate, stabilize and decelerate movement
- Postural assessments to identify compensated posture in all three planes of motion
- Relationship between mobility and stability along the kinetic chain
- Proper progressions for teaching integrated movement patterns
- To teach clients exercises based on primary movements of the human body
- Techniques to develop and implement movement-based exercise programs to promote movement efficiency
Please note that there are no pre-requisite educational requirements for the Movement-Based Exercise workshop.
Registration closes 2 business days prior to workshop date. For any questions around registration or to register for this workshop, please call ACE's Program Coordinator at 800-825-3636 ext. 713. For more details on refunds or rescheduling your workshop, please view the ACE Refund/Reschedule Policy.