1/1/1Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain syndrome that affects an estimated 10-11 million Americans, most frequently females between the ages of 34 to 53. This course, based on a chapter from ACE’s Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual will help you understand how to work more effectively with individuals who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia syndrome. Learn how fibromyalgia affects the lives of those who suffer from this multifactorial chronic illness and how a properly designed exercise program can play an essential therapeutic role.
- Describe the diagnostic criteria and symptoms of fibromyalgia syndrome
- Discuss the potential benefits and adverse effects of exercise for individuals with fibromyalgia
- Understand the key elements of assessment and exercise programming when working with individuals diagnosed with fibromyalgia syndrome
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)