"High-Intensity Strength Training" presents the essential information for teaching clients to effectively and efficiently develop muscle size and strength. Several techniques, including breakdown training, assisted training, and pre-exhaustion training, are covered in detail, each with a comprehensive discussion of the rationale for the technique as well as implementation ideas. Guidelines for choosing the appropriate repetition range for each client are also included.
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Describe high-intensity strength training and explain its applications
- List the benefits and risks of various forms of high-intensity strength training, including breakdown training, assisted training, and pre-exhaustion training
- Determine an appropriate repetition range for individual clients using various strength-training protocols
- Explain how to accurately complete a workout card and describe the benefits of this tool
Course Type: Book with Online Quiz
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- After purchase, your book will be shipped to you.
- Read the book.
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- After login click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose the course that corresponds with your book.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your account with ACE.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)