Intended for experienced fitness professionals, this three-part course covers the fundamentals of functional training and how to use functional anatomy, assessments, and motor learning principles to develop comprehensive workout programs. Learn to develop efficient musculoskeletal systems by focusing on structural strength and postural balance. Utilizes The Pain-Free Program: A Proven Method to Relieve Back, Neck, Shoulder and Joint Pain by Anthony B. Carey.
You will learn:
- Muscular causes to structural imbalances and movement impairments
- Functional anatomy and integration of the major myofascial slings and systems
- Assessments using static postural, single leg stance, and overhead squats
- Application of motor learning principles for corrective functional exercise
- Logical progressions of corrective functional exercises
This course is included in our Functional Training Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »