Based on the Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual and Exercise Programming for Special Populations: Recent Advances DVD, this course provides an understanding of the knowledge necessary to develop safe and effective exercise programs for clients with a variety of health challenges.
This course package includes the following:
- The Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual is designed to prepare fitness professionals to work with people with a variety of diseases and chronic conditions such as asthma, AIDS, diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease and orthopedic problems. Written by top specialists, it teaches personal trainers to assist other healthcare professionals in transitioning their patients to a program of increased physical activity. This book details the clinical exercise specialist's job and scope of practice, including designing, implementing and managing the exercise programs of individuals following medical treatment as specified by the appropriate healthcare professional.
- The Exercise Programming for Special Populations: Recent Advances video provides recommendations for those fitness professionals who work with special populations. This 45-minute DVD covers the challenges of working with those who have heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, obesity, diabetese, AIDS and hypertension.
- The comprehensive Master the Manual: A Study Guide to Accompany the Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual takes you through the Clinical Exercise Specialist Manual chapter by chapter, allowing you to identify weaknesses in knowledge or practical experience and focus your studies.
Earn 2.0 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) by submitting the online 80-question quiz with a score of 70% or higher
Note: ACE-certified Professionals cannot obtain Continuing Education Credits redundant to their certification; thus, the CECs from this course cannot be applied toward renewal of the ACE Clinical Exercise Specialist Certification.
Course contents include: Book, Video & Online Quiz
Steps to completing this course
- After purchase, your book will be shipped to you.
- Read the book.
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- After login click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose the course that corresponds with your book.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your account with ACE.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)