This course is based on two complementary resources: Fitness Management, a comprehensive and essential text for any fitness professional, and Transitioning from Trainer to Manager, a DVD that provides an insightful overview of how to develop the skills and attributes necessary to become a manager or supervisor in the health club industry. Fitness Management goes step by step through what the title of Fitness Manager truly entails, from member retention and staffing issues to operational procedures and everything you need to know about facilities and equipment. The authors also take a look into the future of the health club industry and provide case studies for you to test your ability to apply what you’ve learned. The DVD is the perfect complement to this text. It reviews the 20 essential attributes and skills of a health/fitness professional, and walks the viewer through a career-development plan and the five stages of every manager’s journey to effective leadership.
- Identify several physical-activity beliefs and behaviors of Americans and how they impact the health club industry
- List key strategies for improving member retention and providing positive club-based experiences
- Accurately budget and forecast revenues and expenses
- Write job descriptions for various types and levels of club employees
- List and explain the 20 essential attributes for a successful career in club management
Course Type: Book+DVD with Online Quiz
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- After purchase, your item(s) will be shipped to you.
- Read the book and watch the DVD
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- After login click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose the course that corresponds with your book.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your account with ACE.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)