Work with chronic dieters more effectively by providing practical strategies and techniques for breaking the diet failure cycle and achieving lasting fitness and health. Discover the Health At Every Size (HAES) philosophy and how to offer new strategies for building momentum and support for a non-diet approach to food, exercise, self-image and lifestyle.
You will learn:
- Why dieting may fail to produce long-term weight loss
- 10 alternative goals to weight loss as indicators of improved health
- Therapeutic and lifestyle situations conducive to a non-diet approach
- Role of carbohydrates and protein in appetite control
- Role of fluids in the body and three common ways they’re misused
- Indicators of a lifestyle shift other than weight loss
This course is included in our Weight Management Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »