In this online course based on the popular book by Dr. Nicholas DiNubile, FrameWork for the Knee: A 6-Step Plan for Preventing Injury and Ending Pain, you will learn why musculoskeletal conditions are a major—and growing—health concern for many Americans today. Discover common conditions of the knee and learn a step-by-step program for regaining knee health for those who suffer from knee problems, or for maintaining knee function to avoid future knee pain. Find out how to help your clients protect their knees so they can continue to enjoy their favorite activities!
You will learn:
- Recognize general anatomical structures of the knee
- List common knee conditions and injuries
- Discuss factors that contribute to knee instability and pain
- Briefly describe common reasons for the differences between males and females in injury rates to the knees
- Explain the importance of exercise and physical activity in functional and pain-reduction programs for the knee
- Perform a self-check test that identifies weak links in the chain of wellness
- Discuss common procedures used to treat individuals with diseases, injuries, and conditions of the knee
- Explain flexibility, strength, core, neuromuscular, recovery, and rehabilitation exercises specific to improving knee health
This course is included in our Orthopedic Exercise Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »