Recommendations to use supplements are considered outside of the scope of practice legally and ethically, yet personal trainers and group fitness instructors are constantly asked for recommendations by their clients. In reality, dieticians and other licensed practitioners lack presence in the health club environment, so what are we to do as fitness professionals? Get the truth on the efficacy and risks associated with the newest sports supplements on the market and educate your clients within your scope of practice so they can make informed decisions and avoid wasteful spending and possible harm. Enjoy the benefits of an ACE instructor in the comfort of your own home through this convenient online recorded webinar, originally broadcast July 14, 2010 and hosted by ACE Exercise Physiologist, Fabio Comana.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the legal and ethical ramifications of recommending supplements to clients.
- Define your scope of practice, understanding the need for referral to more qualified professionals.
- Educate clients on the roles that popular supplements play within the body.
- Advise clients to supplement efficacy.
- Discuss potential risks associated with popular supplements currently on the market.
|Windows 98, 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista Requirements:
- Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7
or higher, or Netscape 8.1 or higher
- Recommended ActiveX be enabled for
- Vista supports Internet Explorer 7 and
Firefox 2 browers only
|Mac OSX 10.3, 10.4 10.5 (PowerPC/Intel) Requirements:
- Safari 1.3 (Mac OS 10.3), Safari 2.0 (Mac
OS 10.4), Safari 3.0 (Mac OS 10.4, 10.5),
or Firefox 2
- Requires Apple Java Runtime Environment
(JRE) 5.0 or higher
- No support for Remote Access
|View requirements for additional systems