This course, on two disc DVD, is accompanied by Westcott’s book, Specialized Strength Training: Winning Workouts for Specific Populations, provides practical, research-based information for designing and implementing safe and sensible strength training programs for various population groups. Dr. Westcott presents effective exercise protocols and teaching techniques for successful strength training programs with youth, seniors, pregnant women, and overweight individuals, as well as for administering time-efficient high-intensity strength training procedures with advanced participants. Fitness professionals who complete this course will have the tools necessary to develop purposeful strength programs that produce excellent results for various groups of people.
- Design a safe and sensible strength training protocol for preadolescent boys and girls
- Identify seven health-related benefits of strength exercise for senior men and women
- Design a safe and effective strength training protocol for senior men and women
- Identify five problems leading to weight gain during the adult years
- Present the general outcomes of a combined program of strength training, endurance exercise and sensible nutrition on fat weight, lean weight, and bodyweight
- Identify three precautions for pregnant women who perform strength exercise
- Describe standard procedures for four high-intensity strength training techniques, namely, breakdown, assisted, pre-exhaustion and slow-speed training
Course Type: Book+DVD with Online Quiz
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- After purchase, your item(s) will be shipped to you.
- Read the book and watch the DVD
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- After login click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose the course that corresponds with your book.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your account with ACE.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)