“Fitness and Menopause” is a fitness professional’s guide to training clients approaching their menopausal years and beyond. This course explains the physiology of menopause and details the four stages in a woman’s reproductive lifecycle–premenopause, perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause. The influence of lifestyle choices and exercise programming will be discussed as they relate to the reproductive stages and accompanying symptoms of menopause.
- Participants will be able to identify the four stages of a woman’s reproductive lifecycle.
- Participants will learn symptoms associated with menopause and helpful strategies for managing them.
- Participants will understand the affects of prolonged estrogen deficiency after menopause as it relates to an increased risk for osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
- Participants will gain knowledge of the results of recent research regarding the controversial topic of hormone replacement therapy after menopause.
- Participants will understand exercise programming techniques unique to each stage of a woman’s reproductive lifecycle and the important fitness issues of women during these stages.
Course contents include:
Steps to completing this course
- Go to http://www.acefitness.org/acestore and log in.
- Click on "Online Learning Courses" in the "My Account" section.
- Choose your course and complete as necessary.
- After successful completion of the quiz your CECs will automatically be added to your ACE account.
Please note: This online only course does not include a book/DVD/CD. You will not receive any additional items by mail when making your purchase.
|Recommended System Specifications
|The ACE Online Learning courses are designed for the best experience using a system that meets the following specifications:
|*All pop up blockers should be disabled (includes Yahoo! and Google toolbars)