The Continuing Education Course, Comprehensive FrameWork: A Guide to Healthy Muscles, Bones, and Joints, by orthopedic surgeon Nicholas DiNubile, M.D., is a text and video-based course. It is based on his four-book series (FrameWork: 7 Steps to Healthy Muscles, Bones and Joints; FrameWork for the Knee; FrameWork for the Lower Back; and FrameWork for the Shoulder), as well as a 77-minute DVD created especially for ACE-certified fitness professionals. A special downloadable version of DiNubile's screening tool, "The Self-Test: Are You Built to Last?" is also included as an exclusive benefit to ACE professionals.
This comprehensive text, written in an easy-to-understand format, offers the first medically based fitness programs designed to help professionals improve their clients' musculoskeletal durability and navigate around injuries and musculoskeletal vulnerabilities. The 77-minute FrameWork DVD is divided into three segments: an exclusive interview with Dr. DiNubile; step-by-step demonstrations of exercise modifications, featuring exercises for low-back pain, elbow tendinitis, knee and hip arthritis, and a host of other maladies. Footage is taken directly from a PBS special, featuring demonstrations of the core exercises covered in the book. Lastly, the downloadable self-test screening serves as a tool to help professionals identify clients' muscle imbalances, weaknesses or tightness, deficits in balance/proprioception, and loss of range of motion.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe physiological characteristics of bone and soft tissues and how they affect a healthy musculoskeletal system.
- Recognize general anatomical structures of the knee, lower back, and shoulder.
- Discuss factors that contribute to knee instability and pain, low-back pain, and shoulder dysfunction and pain.
- Explain and debunk common myths about back pain.
- Describe the musculoskeletal screening tests, which can help identify a client's weak links and allow for a tailored exercise program.
- Identify programming modifications and exercise progressions that fitness professionals can apply when training clients with certain musculoskeletal limitations.
- Demonstrate how to properly perform different core exercises using either a mat or a ball.
- Understand key nutrition and stress reduction strategies to support a healthy frame.
- Discuss options for navigating the healthcare system related to injury treatment.
Courses in this bundle include:
Interested in more courses like this? View all ACE CEC course bundles.