Help! My Computer Based Testing Exam Date is Here!
Congratulations! You have finished your studies, scheduled your ACE exam at a computer based testing location and that exam date is now just around the corner. You have so many questions. You are wondering what to bring, what to expect and the most popular question, how soon will I get my results? This blog post will answer all of those pre-exam day questions and more! Sit down, relax and keep on reading!
E-mail Confirmation vs. Admission Ticket
I registered for my exam and I was sent an order receipt and a confirmation e-mail. Which one am I supposed to bring with me on my exam day?
The answer is neither. Your order receipt will show your paid amount for the exam fee or zero if you utilized an exam voucher. This receipt is for your financial records only, so hang onto it since tax season is just around the corner and you may need it then. The confirmation email lets you know that the site, date and time you selected is available and confirmed!
Then where is my admission ticket? Rest assured, your admission ticket is conveniently located under “My Exam Information” once you are logged in to your ACE account. It can easily be printed from this area as soon as your registration is confirmed up until the day of your exam.
My Exam is Showing “On Hold”
I’ve followed the instructions provided to me in my confirmation email to access my admission ticket, and my exam says there is a hold. Is there a problem?
No need to panic. There is nothing wrong with your exam registration, but you have been selected as part of the ACE CPR/AED audit. Just follow the instructions sent to you in a separate email to see how to clear this hold. Your admission ticket is still accessible and may be printed while we wait for your CPR/AED card to reach the ACE Exam Registration Department. You will be allowed to sit for your exam even if your CPR/AED card has not yet reached us, but just remember that if you do pass the exam, you are not officially an ACE Certified Professional until we can verify this info.
What Do I Bring with Me on Exam Day?
In order to take your ACE exam, you must bring the following items with you on your exam date:
- Your admission ticket. There is a password on the admission ticket that the proctor will need to log you into your ACE exam. It is also very important that the name on your admission ticket matches the name on your official ID. If you have registered with a nickname or hyphenated name, please contact the ACE Exam Registration to make the update.
- Your official photo ID. Yes, it must be an official ID such as a driver license, military issued ID or passport with a photo and signature. School or work IDs are not considered an official ID, and will not be accepted. Your official ID must also be current. Expired documentation and / or temporary IDs cannot be accepted.
What Items are Prohibited?
- Any electronic devices, e.g. cell phones, cameras, calculators (except as expressly permitted by the test sponsor), iPods, mp3 players, headphones, pagers, computers, PDAs, or other electronic devices with one or more memories
- Personal writing utensils, e.g. pencils, pens, and highlighters, notes, book, book bags, luggage or purses
- Coats, jackets, watches, hats, hoods, or other headgear
- Food and beverages
- Please note that sweaters and sweatshirts without pockets or hoods are permitted
You Made it!
Whew! You have arrived at your testing site on time and are ready to go! The proctor will assist you with putting any personal belongings in a secured area, if necessary. There should also be mention of the nearest water fountain and restroom to the testing area. Just remember: If you get up during your exam, the timer is still ticking away.
Time to Get Started!
You will be seated at a computer and the proctor will get you logged into your exam. You will have the choice to “View Demo” or “Begin Test.” It is highly recommended that all candidates view the demo prior to beginning their exam. This will ensure that you clearly understand how to navigate between test questions, mark questions for follow-up and how to return to those questions when you are ready. Remember, you can also view the demo any time during the exam should you need navigating assistance. It is the candidate’s responsibility to know how to navigate since proctors can only assist with technical issues.
Is this a Timed Exam?
Yes, the ACE exam does have a time limit. Once you click on the “Begin Test” button, a countdown timer will be placed at the top of your computer screen providing you with 3 hours of testing time (unless special accommodations have been previously arranged). You will have 150 multiple choice questions to complete in this timeframe. Some connections will be faster than others, so don’t worry if your refresh time is not as quick as your computer at home. The timer does not count down during a refresh from question to question.
I Finished My Exam!
Once you have finished your exam, please make sure you hit the “Submit” button to view your test scores. Yes, they will appear upon completion of your exam while you are at the site! You will be asked to type in the words “I understand” so the system is sure that you are not accidentally submitting before you’re ready. There will be a very short optional survey and then your scores should appear! Don’t close that screen before seeing your scores and having the proctor print them out! For a more detailed score report, be sure to log into your ACE account under the “My Exam Information” area in your ACE account, or please contact ACE Exam Registration for assistance at 1-800-825-3636 ext. 783.