ACE created the Resource Center to help candidates successfully pass their exams and to give newly certified fitness professionals the assistance they need to succeed in this industry. The highly knowledgeable Resource Center staff is available Monday-Friday to help candidates best prepare for their certification exams and assist those who are just getting started in the fitness industry, as well as answer general health- and fitness-related questions.
So, how can you get the most benefit from accessing the ACE Resource Center? First, the sooner you contact the Resource Center, the more time we will have to work together as you prepare for your exam. While we can provide assistance even up until the night before your exam, our time together can be much more productive if we have more than one appointment.
Here are five reasons you may want to contact the ACE Resource Center today:
- You are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated or confused about your studies. If you’re feeling this way, a quick call to the Resource Center can go a long way toward making you feel better. One of our Study Coaches can explain and clarify things in a way that will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare for your exam. Don’t be afraid to call in and ask a question—it can eliminate unwanted feelings of anxiety.
- You have questions. You can call us anytime (and we mean anytime) you have questions. If you are stumped by a topic, can’t figure out how to complete a math problem, or just have general questions about the exam itself, don’t hesitate to give the Resource Center a call. Our Study Coaches are happy to share with you what they have learned about the material and about their own experiences with taking the certification exams.
- You want to review material. Participating in a home-study program can sometimes be intimidating or frustrating because you may feel as though you have to figure everything out on your own. Our Study Coaches love to review the material covered in the manuals, and it can really help to talk things out with them.
- You want to review practice tests and quizzes. The practice tests and quizzes are great tools to use as you progress through the study materials, as they provide feedback about your strengths and point out areas that your should continue to review prior to taking the actual exam. Reviewing the quizzes and practice tests with a Study Coach is a good idea because he or she can help you come up with a plan of attack on how to approach the questions you might be struggling with.
- You’re looking for some accountability. People will often call in to the Resource Center and say that they are having a hard time staying on track with their studies or that they do better in a classroom setting, where they would actually have to show up for a class. If this describes you, one of our Study Coaches can develop a plan for you and schedule weekly, bi-weekly or monthly check-in appointments to see how your studies are going. This is a great opportunity for you to ask questions and make sure you are staying on task. Please know that the Study Coaches are not here to make you feel bad if you fall off track; rather, they are here to help you get focused as you work toward reaching your goals.
There are many ways the Resource Center and its staff can support you as you work toward reaching your goals. And, we are always open to new ideas, so please let us know if you have any constructive feedback on how we can help enrich your study experience. While we may not have all of the answers all of the time, we are more than happy to do some research to make sure we address all inquiries that come our way. You can reach us via email or by phone at 1-800-825-3636, Ext. 796.