August 23, 2010 | DELETED
Changes in the Group Fitness Instructor Exam Content Outline
So have you looked at your ACE Group Fitness Instructor Exam Content Outline lately? You know, that Exam Content Outline that helps you figure out what is on the test?Well, there are a few changes that have taken place you might want to know about.
The ACE Group Fitness Instructor Exam Content Outline has been updated! You may see a difference between what is in Appendix B of your 2nd edition Group Fitness Instructor Manual and what you now see on the web for the GFI Exam Content Outline. Of course, this possible difference may only show up depending on when you purchased your manual.
The updated GFI Exam Content Outline began appearing in manuals after January 2010. The GFI exam currently utilizes the exam content outline seen on the web. But don’t panic! The differences between what is on the current exam content outline and the one you might see in your books should be minor, with both exam content outlines covering 90% of the same material. If you’ve been studying based on what is in your book you’re on the right track.
So how has the ACE Group Fitness Instructor exam content outline changed? The tasks are grouped a bit differently, which means the domain weights are redistributed according to the way the tasks are grouped. This would be why you may see differences in the percentages for each domain. It is like someone took the pieces of the exam content outline and rearranged them.
Below is an outline of the changes to the ACE Group Fitness Instructor exam content outline: (See the April 24, 2010 blog post on Exam Content Outline for specifics about tasks versus domains).
- Domain I Exercise Programming and Class Design
- Domain went from 49% to 19% (new) in terms of scoring weight
- Domain changed from 5 tasks to 3 tasks (new).
- Domain II Group Instructional Methods
- Domain went from 31% to 37%(new) in terms of scoring weight
- The number of domain tasks stayed the same
- Domain III Changed from Group Leadership Methods to Group Leadership and Class Management
- Domain went from 14% to 29%(new) in terms of scoring weight
- Domain changed from 4 tasks to 5 tasks (new)
- Domain IV Professional Responsibilities
- Domain went from 6% to15% (new) in terms of scoring weight
- Domain changed from 6 tasks to 2 tasks(new)
The 2nd edition ACE Group Fitness Instructor material is still a relevant source for preparing for your certification exam. There isn’t anything new to buy or reference – except for perhaps printing out a copy of the online Group Fitness Instructor Exam Content Outline if it is different than the one in your Appendix B. Other than that…just keep studying!
Questions? Contact an Education Consultant at 1-888-825-3636 x782