- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
Add half the green beans to the boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans. Place a kitchen towel on a baking sheet and use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans from the ice water; blot dry with another towel.
Just before serving, heat oil in a large Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the green beans and stir. Add parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 92
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 186mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2