- 8 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thick slic day-old whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (see Tip)
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (if desired), seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 pound center-cut salmon, skinned (see Tip) and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat grill to high.
Whisk olives, vinegar, capers and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until combined. Add bread, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil.
Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Season both sides of salmon with salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill the salmon until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with a piece of salmon.
- Serving: Per Serving
- Calories: 362
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 21g
- Protein: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Potassium: 1002mg
- Sodium: 386mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2