- 16 whole chocolate graham crackers, (8 ounces) (see Ingredient notes)
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar, or 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, or 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat an 8-by-11 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Pulse graham crackers into crumbs in a food processor or place in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. You should have about 2 cups crumbs. Transfer to a small bowl; add cocoa and salt and mix well.
Combine eggs, egg white, brown sugar (or Splenda) and granulated sugar (or Splenda) in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until thickened, about 2 minutes. Blend in coffee granules and vanilla. Gently fold in dates, chocolate chips and the reserved crumb mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly.
Bake the brownies until the top springs back when lightly touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting.
- Serving: Per brownie
- Calories: 93
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Potassium: 60mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1